This fast growing IT support and services company has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and ambitious Senior IT Support / 3rd Line IT Support Engineer to work in a fast-paced and technically challenging environment. Due to the diverse nature of incidents and technology supported, They seek an Engineer with a consultative style and a genuine willingness to learn new skills. They seek bright, diligent individuals with excellent communication skills and a good work ethic.
This is a challenging and diverse role that involves project work such a system migrations and upgrades, through to providing an escalation point for 1st and 2nd Line issues when required.
- Design, implementation and support of Windows Server infrastructures and associated networks / backup solutions including cloud solutions when required.
- Deliver Projects to defined timescales Conduct network surveys and assessment
- Onboarding of new clients
- Accurate documentation of Clients sites
- 3rd Line IT support
- Provide an Escalation point for 1st and 2nd Line Support Technicians.
- Proven ability to configure and troubleshoot a variety of Windows Server operating systems from 2003 to 2012 R2
- Virtualisation - Excellent Understanding of Virtualization concepts, working knowledge of Hyper V and Vmware
- Good understanding of networking, TCP/IP and subnetting. Ability to deal with a wide range of networking hardware from different vendors. Experience configuring VLAN's
- Experience with Firewalls and Web filters, in particular WatchGuard
- Excellent Time management and planning
- Experience with Cloud Apps such as Office 365 and Google Apps
As they provide services to over 120 small businesses this list is not exhaustive
Knowledge of the following products and solutions:-
- Windows Server 2008 to 2012
- Exchange Server
- Hyper V and Vmware
- Office 365
- Watchguard Firewalls
- Webroot Antivirus
- Connectwise PSA Management System
- Labtech RMM
- StorageCraft Backup
This company considers all applicants, but the role typically favours those who are fully or part qualified. Relevant MCP, MCSA or MCSE qualifications are a strong bonus.
- Able to prioritise tasks whilst maintaining a clear customer focused approach
- Reliable and willing to solve client demands
- Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability
- Able to get on with others and be a team-player
- 21 Days Paid Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Workplace Pension by NEST
- Paid Overtime
- Staff Rewards via
- Staff Development Program
- Up to 5 Days Technical Training per Year
- Paid Technical Exams
- Modern Working Environment, with breakout area.
- Regular Team Events outside of work
- Casual Dress Policy
Get the Recruitment Genius Advantage today. As the UK's largest online recruitment advertising company placing more candidates than anyone else.
Job reference information
||Recruitment Genius Ltd
||Recruitment Genius Ltd
||01732 617 460 (Please reference Dice when calling)