Infrastructure Engineer Vacancy
£30k salary plus £2k bonus
Hays recruitment are working in partnership with a public sector organisation based in the Stoke on Trent area to recruit an Infrastructure & Desktop Support Engineer on a permanent basis to start immediately.
The purpose of this role will be to ensure prompt delivery of technical services to all departments. You will be providing a mixture of preventative support as well as integration activity around Windows Server environment, Hyper-V and more, as well as providing desktop and phone support to all staff.
You will tackle challenging, unique situations every day and work with other functions and employees within the organisation. You will be looked upon as a subject matter expert and advocate on making reliable technical decisions around supporting user.
The successful candidate for this role will be pro-active and have strong analytical & troubleshooting skills, experience in Windows Server platforms as well as solid communication skills and a desire to tackle the complex problems of scale which are unique.
* Maintain and monitor all network, security and computer systems to meet the organisation's current and future requirements
* Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively
* Work within strict time frames and elevate incidents within defined timeframes
* Test all changes to networks, hardware, software, and hosted applications
* Cater to doing infrastructure coordination related to design and setup activities at different stages of a project
* Work with various vendors and service providers to ensure productive environment
* Maintain the necessary project plans and documentation of all system builds and modifications
* Interact and coordinate with vendors, suppliers, distributors and contract consultants
* Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends
Competencies and Experience:
* Microsoft MCSE is essential.
* Networking experience is desirable.
* Solid technical background in a WINTEL environment including infrastructure networks, hardware, software and telecommunications.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange 2010 and SQL Server.
* Ability to identify incident trends in order to elevate incidents in accordance with standard protocols.
* Able to gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
* Good attention to detail, testing and documentation.
* Virtualization experience using Hyper-V.
* Ability to maintain good working relationships with third party service providers and vendors.
If you have the necessary experience and would like to apply for this role please apply now with an up to date copy of your CV outlining your relevant skills and experience, together with your current salary, salary requirements for this role and also your notice period/availability.
|Advertiser||Hays Specialist Recruitment Ltd|
|Contact Name||Daney Bowen|
|Telephone||0121 230 1455 (Please reference Dice when calling)|
Location: Stoke on Trent