Senior Manager / Director, Sales Strategy and Operations
Title: Senior Manager/Director - Sales Strategy and Business Operations
Location: London, UK
The Sales Strategy & Business Operations role is an instrumental role within the Sales organisation and features a mix of sales strategy, business operations, business development and transformational growth.
The Business Partners are specifically attuned to each sales leader's operational unit and its specific needs & potential. They act as a glue that holds all business units of a region together and are recognised as trusted advisors on all organisational design, business operations & strategy matters.
This role operates both at a strategic level, in process improvement areas and in detailed operational mode.
- Define the hyper-growth Go-To-Market plan for Salesforce EMEA
- Take high level business goals and define metrics, presentations, and reports/dashboards that analyze the health of the business and present recommendations to senior management for strategic decision making and investment.
- Drive forecast management excellence to maximise sustained, predictable growth across all business units.
- Orchestrate the design and implementation of all aspects of Go-To-Market under the annual sales strategy planning cycle. This includes very detailed work in territory assignment and quota setting tools.
- Create and run initiatives and programs that take the "as-is" situation to the next level using available resources.
- Build executive presentations, crafting the messages to sales leaders in the region
- Significant work experience in sales operations or equivalent function with significant exposure to sales teams and analytical roles.
- Experience working in the global market and cross-functional management
- Experience with operations and process for any of the following business areas: software, marketing, customer profiling, retention and loyalty, or a subscription based business
- Demonstrated ability with financial modeling and analytical tools such as Excel, Databases, Business Objects, etc. Nice to have: experience using Salesforce and analytics tools
- Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis, yet translate those results to easily digestible messages, communications, and presentations
- Must be comfortable with changing requirements and priorities. Must be able to proactively communicate status and identify risks
- Demonstrated ability to be productive and self-motivating with minimal supervision. Must be results oriented and able to move forward without complete information.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Willing to travel (primarily inside the region) to support the Strategy & Operations team and meet internal customers (field sales, presales, marketing) and customers at times
- Flexibility and ability to adjust on the fly to new demands; sense of urgency
- BS/BA required; MBA a plus, but not required
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas-a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as- you-go business model and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes World's Most Innovative Company five years in a row and one of Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.