Senior Program Manager
Location - Cambridge, UK
How many chances do you get in a lifetime to define the next generation of Information Technology?
Come join the group in Microsoft Research that has been responsible for incubating and developing key technologies in internet video streaming, scalable cloud computing, and converged smartphones.
This team in Microsoft Research NExT (New Experiences and Technologies) is building operating system solutions for connected devices through to high-scale services that will run non-stop around the globe.
We work in small, collaborative teams to architect massively scalable and reliable systems.
These opportunities provide unparalleled opportunity to grow your skill sets, build pioneering solutions, and get exposure to a wide array of technologies.
In this role you will:
- Plan complex programs by analyzing available data, identifying resource requirements, preparing program roadmaps, adjusting scope and priorities while managing user expectations and program risks.
- Work closely with architecture and engineering to align roadmap initiatives and drive technical decisions.
- Contribute to engineering process improvements to increase team productivity.
- Work with key customers, partners, and early adopters.
- Help to foster increasing the diversity of thought and ideas within the group.
- Adaptable to meet the dynamic goals in a very agile environment.
- Demonstrated ability to come up-to-speed quickly on a new technical domain.
- Self-motivated and proactive with strong organizational and planning skills.
- Proven experience of working through the full product cycle from initial design to final product.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects at once.
- Solid written and verbal communications skills.
- Outstanding technical, process and design problem solving.
- A proven track record of shipping quality products on time.
- A BS/MSc in technical field or equivalent technical knowledge.
Monthly intercontinental travel is expected, particularly between Cambridge and Redmond.
Job reference information
|| (Please reference Dice when calling)