Senior Software Development Manager DESCRIPTION
We develop technology that combines natural language understanding, acquiring large volumes of structured knowledge, and machine reasoning to allow our customers to get answers to their questions in the most natural way possible. We play a key role in the development of Alexa; Amazon’s cloud based voice service which delights customers on products such as Echo and Fire TV.
As a Senior Software Development Manager at Evi, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in the design, development, test and deployment of the knowledge base that supports Evi’s question-answering capability. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing high scale, real-time systems, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will own the knowledge base and will hire and develop the team as we continue to grow our capabilities.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Taking full service ownership of the knowledge base which enables us to handle millions of questions a day, every day.
· Reporting on the project tracking, quality metrics, operational standards, and system performance;
· Delivering against project plans and program commitments;
· Managing the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment;
· Hiring engineers to continue to grow the team;
· Coaching and developing the engineers to maintain standards and to drive career growth for your direct reports;
· Working closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering;
· Strong technical credentials, with at least 3 years experience managing software development teams, ideally with some hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience;
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations;
· Mastery of the tools of the trade, including a variety of programming languages (e.g. C++, Java, Python) and relevant open-source technologies;
· A strong track record of project delivery;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
· Masters, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering
· Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, productive software engineers.
Job reference information
|| (Please reference Dice when calling)