Senior Software Engineer (C++/C#)
Department / Function: Product Development ~ Software Engineers
Location: Manchester (Chadderton) or Wolverhampton
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 plus bonus and benefits
Hours: Mon-Fri. Full-time
Senior Software Engineer/Developer - C++, C#, Object Orientated, Windows multi-threading
The company has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Research and Development team in Manchester. Working in an experienced software team, the role is to develop video gaming platform software for the UK and International markets. The successful candidate will be working as part of a team responsible for developing all aspects of the company's video gaming platform software from initial design, through to final release.
This role would suit someone who enjoys being part of a busy and exciting development team, solving problems and has a flexible and results driven attitude towards their work. The successful candidate will be strong in either C++ or C# (or both) and will ideally have experience of interfacing C++ with C#.
? The candidate will be required to work with and develop the company's video gaming platform software running on embedded Windows XP / 7.
? Maintain existing software for UK and International markets.
? Follow departmental procedures throughout the development process.
? Where necessary perform customer site visits.
Skills & Experience:
In addition to having a genuine passion for software development, an in depth knowledge of Windows multi-threading application development is also a major pre-requisite of this position. The candidate must demonstrate a high level of technical competence coupled with a good grounding in software development.
* Strong C++ (or C#) in an object oriented environment.
* Knowledge of multi-threading in a Windows environment.
* Some knowledge of C#.
* Good level of education, equivalent to at least degree level in a relevant subject such as Computer Science.
* Reasonable professional experience in a Windows development environment using Microsoft Visual Studio.
* Embedded Windows development.
* Exposure to networking protocols such as TCP / UDP.
* Experienced in using source code control, for example Subversion.
* Reasonable experience of C# including some experience of Prism, UNITY and WPF.
* Knowledge of interfacing to web services using SOAP, XML, WCF and JSON.
* Knowledge of MS SQL Server.
* Embedded C on 16 bit microprocessors would be an advantage.
The company employs more than 550 people across three offices in the UK and is supported by its global gaming parent company, which employs 8,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents. In return for their efforts, the R&D Software Engineer shall receive training on products, along with a competitive salary and benefits and will be supported by their manager to grow their career within the company.
Please click apply to forward your CV.
|Advertiser||2M Employment Solutions|
|Contact Name||2M Employment Solutions|
|Telephone||02392 387722 (Please reference Dice when calling)|
Location: Oldham, Manchester
Location: Oldham, Manchester