Our IT Applications team develop the systems Sophos relies upon to operate and deliver the products and services for which we’ve become known around the world. They are passionate and clued up on new technologies and products; always looking for ways to revolutionise how technology interacts with the user; and have a penchant for solving complex and challenging technical problems in a creative manner.
We are looking now for an accomplished Senior Solutions Developer to strengthen our vibrant, agile team developing and extending the capability of our Salesforce platform whilst integrating the platform with a wide range of technologies across our other enterprise platforms.
"…This is a challenging opportunity for highly skilled individuals to work on complex enterprise scale solutions within a fast paced, growing and truly innovative global organisation. Sophos is looking for technical leaders to create vision and make stuff happen…."
Duties & Responsibilities
- Advise and influence project scoping decisions by participating as an active project team member in project steering group meetings and review process
- Participate in the definition of the business requirements by organising and/or attending project meetings
- Documenting the business requirements at high level and work with the solutions architect to provide the IT solutions to meet the requirements through design workshops and specific project meetings
- Break down the IT work required in comprehensive actions and plans (high and detailed levels) and provide accurate estimates of work to the project manager
- Research and evaluate when needed, possible packages to fulfil the requirements, working with key vendors and industry analysts
- Develop applications and/or interfaces when needed and produce the associated documentation to guaranty supportability
- Design test plan for the system built and execute the plan in coordination with the rest of the project team to ensure integration testing and correct errors found
- Participate in the handover of the system to the application support team and the infrastructure team
- Follow the standard project management methodology
- In some cases (to be agreed with program manager and line manager), take project management responsibility for part of the solution development
- When required, supervise the work of junior member(s) of the resource pool and coach them
- Provide input into the application development standards and guidelines
- Provide 4th level support for delivered solutions across all Sophos locations and 3rd level support when required (backup for application support team when needed)
- Own resolution of large high impact issues raised to the resource pool for resolution including when needed liaison with external vendors
The candidate profile
To succeed in this role you’ll be an excellent programmer, following sound software design principles and design patterns, knowledgeable and passionate about developing leading edge solutions for your customers, open to face new challenges and work with new technologies. You’ll feel at home within an Agile team with its open communications, commitment to quality and focus on getting things done really fast to help our customers and delight our high-profile technology partners.
- All round familiarity with Salesforce platform
- Experienced Salesforce / Apex developer
- Proficient in using tools of trade (source control, static analysis, profilers, make, coverage analysis etc.)
- Unit testing / test frameworks / automated regression tests
- Administrator level knowledge of Salesforce platform
- Problem solver
- Experience of integrating cloud services through middleware such as CastIron
- All round familiarity with Microsoft .net platform
- Excellent C# programmer
- Experience of working in Agile environment
- Experience in programming for high-availability cloud environments
- Software security industry experience
- Working knowledge of Python / Perl
- Architecture design and design patterns
- Commitment to Sophos employees
Sophos believe in career progression and therefore significantly invests in structured training programs to promote employee success, personal growth and development. The training programs are supported by a defined career roadmap and excellent long term opportunities.
Sophos also provides an outstanding benefits package to support employee wellbeing - including private healthcare, group pension scheme, profit related bonus, life assurance/illness/travel insurance and an excellent subsidised restaurant facility.
Job reference information
|| (Please reference Dice when calling)