Our client is currently looking for a Software Development Manager to come and join their team based in Stockport.
They pride themselves on providing a positive and rewarding environment for their people. But don't just take their word for it; they've been awarded the exclusive Top Employers certification in recognition of their outstanding workplace culture.
They have built a collaborative and creative culture where they employ agile techniques to deliver their pace-setting applications. They like to work in small, focused groups so you are always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project that you are involved with.
What they can offer you in return as their Software Development Manager…
Work with the best in the business. They can offer you flexible hours, shuttle bus to and from station, subsidised restaurant, games room, 25 days holiday to start with one extra day per year up to 30, lots of great social activities, a dress down policy, tax free child care vouchers, life and health assurance, award-nominated learning programmes, community projects and great opportunities for career progression.
About the Software Development Manager role
They do agile at scale from their new purpose built software house in Stockport. Over the last few years their transformational agile journey has seen them become one of the leading software houses in the Northwest, they aim to be the very best.
As their Software Development Manager you will be joining our Development Division’s leadership team as a Development Leader, responsible for the strategy of software development. You will Improve and implement processes that uphold the quality of the development lifecycle in a cost effective manner. You will be the single point of contact for senior management and external clients for all matters relating to software development. You will work closely with Team Leaders, as well as managing them. Their Squads are autonomous, cross functional, and Scrum based, focused on delivering exceptional value to their customers through their flagship insurance product.
What they’re looking for in their Software Development Manager
You will use your previous agile experience to promote, deliver, and improve quality across all development areas, whilst reviewing and assessing current development methodologies. This role provides an ideal balance between providing strategic input, working with team leaders on Software, Product Development, guiding them on technical, non-technical aspects and providing direction on effective day-to-day running of all developers.
Skills & Experience Required of their Software Development Manager
- Experience of leading development teams, ideally Scrum based Squads.
- Operating within an Agile delivery environment and be a passionate advocate of Lean Agile practices
- Previous experience of leading Software Engineering functions
- Experience of developing a maturing Engineering functions to move towards DevOps/Automation & Continuous Deployment.
- Developing Technical Capability within an organisation. Including empowering, supporting and developing staff to achieve the highest performance standards yet accountable. The post holder will be responsible for creating and maintaining a culture, which encourages a supportive, collaborative, creative working environment.
- Engaging at a strategic level and playing a key role in setting organisational objectives, influencing policy and leading on technical and business change
- Developing and implementing strategy across multi-disciplinary development teams.
- Experience and knowledge of software development processes, tools and methodologies
Our client has established its position as a market leader in the highly competitive retail insurance sector by consistently creating powerful software solutions that deliver competitive and innovative advantage to their customers. They've custom-built their own modern, open offices set in their own landscaped campus in Stockport, employing over 600 staff, providing over 100 internet brands Asda Money, Tesco Bank, Money Supermarket, Swinton, AA, and Sainsbury's Bank to name a few.
If you have a deep interest in technology and are comfortable finding and adopting new technical approaches then come and join them as their new Software Development Manager and click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, they’d love to hear from you.
Job reference information
|| (Please reference Dice when calling)