Software Test Engineer
Southampton, Hampshire - £26k - £35k
Seeking an interesting, charismatic and driven test engineer to help influence a newly formed test team; building up automation and test practices. My client are an award-winning software house who can offer technical career filled with opportunity and possibility. The culture here is open and collaborative, you will work in an open-plan office with lots of like-minded people and will help shape the direction and development of some truly unique and advanced technical systems used by some of the world's most recognised brands. You will work closely with the business and technical teams to introduce preventative measures to try and stop defects before they are introduced as well as have exploratory skills which you will use to catch issues as the software is developed. You will work in an Agile environment and be part of a small team pushing towards an automated framework.
You will have the following skills:-
• 2+ years of Software Testing Experience
• Context Driven Testing
• Risk-Based Testing (RBT)
• Rapid Software Testing
• Black Box Testing
• PHPUnit, CodeCeption and Bamboo
• Strong knowledge and experience of using Agile software Development Practices
• Start testing as early as planning and prioritisation meetings
• Ability to breakdown complex software quickly for rapid learning and testing
• Experience with helping "shift left"
• Functional and Non-Functional Testing
• Analyse requirements, understand how to test features, build technical designs and contribute to technical testing strategy
• Ideally experience of helping to build an automation framework (or desire to do this as a Junior Tester)
• In-depth, full-stack knowledge of web technologies and their weaknesses (PHP, Java, C#)
• Selenium WebDriver for Automation
• Gatling / JMeter for Performance
We are looking for 2 Software Test Engineers, one more Junior and one Mid-Senior level.
In return my client can offer the following benefits:-
• 22 days holiday - plus personal development time and Christmas off
• Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Free Eye Tests
• Regular staff events and outings
• Creative, collaborative working environment
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company striving to be at the bleeding edge of the test profession in its early stages, the opportunity to make a real impact on the automation architecture and the chance to experiment with new tools and techniques, participate in hackathons and grow yourself both professionally and personally.
Test Engineer, Software Tester, Software Test Engineer, Test Analyst, Southampton, Portsmouth, Fareham, Gosport, Winchester
Job reference information
||Spectrum IT Recruitment (South) Limited
||02380 765804 (Please reference Dice when calling)