Solutions Architect (Architect)
Location: Luton, UK
Our Group IT and Business Platforms team is facing accelerated growth to support the enhancement of new capabilities that will underpin the key business goals of increased revenue and customers. As a Solution Architect you will be at the core of this growth. This will be achieved through the successful delivery of projects and programmes in a complex environment which develops, delivers, maintains and supports a suite of platforms and applications that are used across multiple countries and brands.
Group IT is focused on the development of new solutions across the entire holiday cycle as well as simplifying and standardising our technology platforms and infrastructure across the group. We are also transforming the way our IT organisation is structured and works, building new IT capabilities and skills for the future.
What you will be doing as a Solutions Architect (Architect):
As a Solution Architect you will be working with cross functional experts spanning architecture, business analysis, delivery management, testing, and infrastructure. You will be accountable for the design of new capabilities, whilst balancing, managing and meeting business expectations of scope, cost, time and quality. You will be required to work with key stakeholders to articulate and build consensus for joint decisions, supporting the definition of pilots and Business Cases ensuring that solutions and on-going enhancements are aligned with the overall business strategy, delivering business and customer value and help to further differentiate TUI in the travel market.
The role will work closely with the Business Platforms Programme Manager, as well as collaborating with peers within Group Architecture to ensure that appropriate group wide standards and frameworks are deployed.
What we are looking for
- Delivering large scale, multi-project technical solutions throughout the entire development lifecycle from inception to operation.
- An architectural notation framework for requirements definition and for systems design preferably TOGAF.
- Experience with delivering solutions for travel, hospitality retail or corporate services platforms.
- Ability to translate and document complex architectural issues to non-technical staff within the business.
- Working with highly technical staff and outsourced teams, working on multiple projects towards a common end goal throughout the development lifecycle.
- Additionally, you have experience of integration approaches and their application in a highly complex heterogeneous environment including SOA and API approaches; be comfortable with architectural implications of performance, scalability and extensibility on system design.
- You will be an open collaborator to facilitate joint understanding of the outcomes of technology change and eliciting clear statements of requirements; be able to work with ambiguity and being able to solicit key information from project team members; demonstrate the ability to learn quickly and take on board a significant scale of technical and industry knowledge in a short period of time; and have consultative approach to work and able to give and receive constructive fact based criticism where necessary
- This role will require overseas travel
Working within TUI group
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism group. Covering the entire touristic value chain under one roof we employ 63,000 people in over 100 countries and offer 20 million customers comprehensive services in around 180 destinations worldwide.
Help make our customers smile and in return you will receive a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply for the Solutions Architect (Architect) role:
Please click on the link below, the application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV.
Job reference information
||TUI Group Careers
|| (Please reference Dice when calling)