Overall Job Purpose:
A senior role within SCCs Professional Services team of experienced pre-sales Solutions Architects who lead large/complex/non-standard pre-sales projects, drive new business with the sales team and productise Professional Services engagements. This is a a senior technical role with a strong sales focus.
The individual will:
Engage with customers early in the sales cycle, often on speculative/pre RFP requirements and drive the uncovering of their business challenges and translate these into a technology roadmap.
Help sales qualify large and complex opportunities, owning the technical qualification of whether we can deliver and support the required services.
Matrix manage the cross-department activities of pre-sales within SCC for large/complex opportunities as a technical single point of contact for the customer.
Provide technology thought leadership to prospects, customers and within SCC up to c-level and down to IT manager level.
Be aligned as a 'branch-liaison' to a specific sales branch and own the relationship between sales and services for that branch. This will include understanding the best opportunities and ways in which to engage each branch and ensure they have a point of contact for 2 way feedback between sales and service.
Working with colleagues in delivery focused roles to ensure that proposals can be implemented on time, on budget and to quality.
Handover projects to an implementation lead at SCC when they are won, with quality documentation and clarity on the proposed solution and implementation approach.
Main Duties of the Job:
- Conceptualise and Design complex solutions, covering multiple sites, and including hosted Data Centre infrastructures, Public Cloud (Azure) Collaboration or End User Computer.
- Technical ownership of Solutions and engaging closely with the Sales team.
- Run technical workshops covering multiple technologies to define customer requirements.
- Perform presales activity in support of the Business Development team.
- Create Statements of Works, RFP responses and Proposals.
- The role requires detailed design skills specific to the individuals technology specialisation complemented by an architecture-level appreciation of all relevant complementary technologies.
- Demonstrating an ongoing, proactive approach, working alongside Professional Services Lead Architects in developing and delivering service offerings based on industry best practice and "new to market" technologies.
- Development and delivery of technology specific presentations to both large audience seminars and project workshop environments.
- Maintain knowledge of project delivery methodologies and technology roadmaps in the particular field of specialisation.
- Maintain a broad understanding of competitive products to the individuals specialisation, an understanding of their architectural principles and, where appropriate, design skills and accreditations in these products
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of industry standards relevant to the role.
- To adhere to all company policies and processes as communicated by line management in order to maintain corporate ISO accreditation levels.
- To obtain and maintain technical accreditations as required by management in accordance with the guidelines provided by manufacturers and software vendors.
- Act as a mentor in leading and developing other team members.
- Work in conjunction with the appropriate sales personnel to understand the opportunities for Professional Services within their accounts and develop team skills to meet the requirement.
- At all times to provide a courteous service and professional approach to customers and to the delivery of allocated tasks as required.
- To perform any other duties which, from time to time may be allocated by your Team Leader/Manager.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Educated to a high standard, preferably with a relevant degree and with good technical background.
- Ability to craft high level designs and Solutions to a high standard
- Experience in architecting solutions in a multi discipline environment.
- Suitable Accreditations in such as VCDX,VCAP,VCP,MCSE,MCP
- 10 years plus relevant experience in IT industry focused on delivering enterprise scale infrastructure solutions.
- Commercially aware with strong client facing and vendor relationship development skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, enabling the presentation of complex technical solutions.
- Experience in working with and defining delivery methodologies
- An understanding of Project management fundamentals
- Team player but with the ability to work unaided
- Professional appearance and manners
- Positive and constructive attitude in all work related matters
- Strong hand-on technical capability
- Strong time management skills
To apply or find out more information about this role, please call:
0121 766 2605
or email: email@example.com
Apply for Solutions Architect in Birmingham