Would you like to work for a leading global media organisation? Do you have experience working as part of a technical team? If so, we’d love to hear from you. We are currently recruiting a Support Engineer to join our team in the CNN London Bureau. This candidate will join our IT organisation to support CNN employees around the world, with a focus on those in our London office.
CNN’s portfolio of news and information services is available in five different languages across all major TV, internet and mobile platforms reaching more than 425 million households around the globe. CNN International is the number one international TV news channel according to all major media surveys across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Asia Pacific region and Latin America. The CNN digital network is consistently one of the top news and current affairs destination on the web.
This person will be responsible for the day to day support of end users and will work with other Corporate support teams to execute advanced support and projects as they arise.
- Provide desktop support for newsroom computer systems, software and hardware: in an on-air fast paced environment.
- Respond to requests either in person or remotely via phone or chat.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Install and troubleshoot Avaya IP phones and Polycom Video Conference systems.
- Set up workstations and help with account management.
- Assist with any employee equipment moves.
- Proactively address problems and issues.
- Install, modify, and repair computer software.
- Resolve technical problems users may have with LAN, WLAN, and other systems.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Experience working in Creative Industries including Digital environments.
- Understanding of and the ability to troubleshoot the Windows Operating System.
- Experience working in primarily Mac OS X and other Apple products and software.
- Experience troubleshooting the Office suite of Applications, both for Mac and PC.
- Self-starter who is not afraid to get dirty and take on anything that comes their way.
- Strong communication skills, ability to explain situations and set expectations.
- Must be hard working and passionate about his/her craft.
- Ability to Multi-Task.
- University Degree or equivalent qualification.
- Knowledge of the Adobe Suite of Applications.
- Knowledge of Ghost and JAMF software deployment tools.
- Experience with VOIP and IPTV systems.
Please note that this is a physical role and can involve heavy lifting.
Working from our London Head office in the heart of Soho, you will have the opportunity to work for a truly global company. With global scope and local focus, we’ll find and share stories that matter to our audiences. On screens of every shape and size you’ll find Turner. Less Fear! More Fun! All In!
Job reference information
|| (Please reference Dice when calling)