Systems Engineer / Hardware Engineer (Start Up)
A Systems Engineer / Hardware Engineer is needed to join a fast growing tech start up that is revolutionising the transport industry. Working from their office in Kentish Town expect an all-encompassing role maintaining and improving systems whilst having a real input into the future of this innovative start up.
Creating cameras with on-board video analytics capabilities, this ground-breaking firm gather real-time information to quantify the movement of pedestrians, vehicles and cyclists, from making traffic lights more intelligent to assisting rail operators in predicting queues in their rail stations. Currently rolling out thousands of cameras across the UK, they are now seeking a Systems Engineer / Hardware Engineer with a combination of electronic and mechanical engineering experience.
Joining a team of three the Systems Engineer / Hardware Engineer will work closely with the CTO and the Head of Operations to develop, maintain and improve the embedded sensor systems and high performance GPU (Graphics Processing Units) that run the deep learning software. Whether you are re-imagining sensor hardware and software security systems; working with full-stack and machine learning developers to implement firmware solutions; or developing processes for the manufacture and testing of sensors it will be your systems engineering background and natural enthusiasm for the latest hardware technologies that ensures the development and stable deployment of innovative systems.
The Systems Engineer / Hardware Engineers role will include:
- Researching, integrating and adapting available hardware components for new purposes;
- Prototyping new concepts and testing solutions;
- Optimising hardware design for different scales of manufacturing;
- Installing, scripting and maintaining Linux environments for development and stable deployment;
- Managing system security through collaboration with the software development team.
To qualify? You could be a Systems Engineer / Hardware Engineer / Embedded Systems Engineer / Firmware Engineer or someone with a combination of electronic and mechanical engineering experience, we don't mind, your CV should demonstrate:
- A strong Electrical / Systems Engineering background - preferably with both a degree and some commercial experience;
- Some experience with scripting languages (eg. Bash, Python etc);
- A desire to understand & experiment with new hardware systems;
- Self-starting problem solving ability;
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment;
- The ambition and enthusiasm to drive the company forward.
Experience in some of the following areas would be advantageous: deploying and managing IoT devices; cloud computing services (AWS / GCP); GPU technologies, particularly the general purpose compute capability of the latest architectures; experience using, configuring and debugging Linux drivers and kernels; experience working in Agile teams.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineer / Hardware Engineer to join an innovative and inspiring organisation who offers the chance to work with a world class team. Expect significant equity options, extremely flexible working policies and the opportunity to shape the future of this innovative business. Get in touch?
Job reference information
||0845 051 0851 (Please reference Dice when calling)