Technical Architect / Solutions Owner (Design, Architect, IT)
A leading UK FTSE 100 provider of IT solutions and services are looking to hire a talented Technical Architect / Solutions Owner to join a rapidly expanding team based in Manchester.
The team develops, implements and manages secure, IT enabled solutions for the Emergency Service sector that enable an efficient, joined-up approach to the operation of public safety critical end to end business processes. The Technical Architect / Solutions Owner is responsible for ensuring the definition and execution of a coherent technical approach across the design, implementation and integration of a number of products that form the overall solution.
Reporting to the Programme Director, this Technical Architect / Solutions Owner has overall responsibility for the refinement and implementation of the solution identified during the bid phase. In particular this will involve confirming the overall technical strategy in liaison with the customer then overseeing and approving detailed design deliverables produced by work-stream technical leads as well as their subsequent implementation.
Experience for the Technical Architect / Solutions Owner (Design, Architect, IT):
- Experience of the entire IT lifecycle from input into bids and shaping solutions to taking solutions through to implementation as an architect, delivery lead or design authority
- The ability to contribute in multiple architectural domains including network and data centre infrastructure, application deployment and monitoring, data architecture and migration, Service Oriented Architecture, information security, integration and Enterprise Service Bus
- Experience in forming an architectural design within a project or programme of work and the excellent communication skills required to present complex issues to staff and clients
- Experience and understanding of formal solution test activities and processes including application development testing, system integration testing, performance testing, user / operational acceptance testing and IT health checks.
- A keen focus on the quality of all design deliverables
- A good understanding of cost drivers and the ability to ensure contracted commitments are met within budgetary constraints
As an autonomous senior role, the Technical Architect / Solutions Owner will be expected to take complete ownership and accountability for their area of responsibility. Whilst generally requiring indirect, matrix management of mobilised resources, the Technical Architect / Solutions Owner may also be expected to line mange or mentor a small number of professional staff.
Responsibilities for the Technical Architect / Solutions Owner (Design, Architect, IT):
- Ensure that contracted technical requirements are accounted for within the technical solution
- Ensure all design deliverables have a client agreed Product Description in advance of drafting
- Produce collaboratively and obtain customer acceptance of high level design deliverables:
o Solution Architecture
o Solution Data and Configuration Strategy
o Data Migration Strategy
o Data Centre Build Requirements
o Interfaces Overview
- Ensure detailed design deliverables are produced to appropriate quality standards and are consistent with high level design principles
- Monitor implementation work-stream activities and advise / influence the client and internally as necessary to ensure end-to-end solution integrity is maintained
- Provide technical support to the programme test team including advising on and reviewing test proposals, optimising use of test environments and progressing defect resolution activities
- Provide technical support to service transition, including advising on appropriate monitoring tools and making available the technical information required to facilitate on-going service.
- Provide programme level reporting of progress on technical activities including highlighting and proposing mitigation for technical risks and issues
- Challenge client and work stream technical leads as necessary to ensure a robust and comprehensive technical solution is deployed that
o is consistent with customer requirements and high level design principles
o generally complies with industry best practise
o In-life; is capable of achieving contracted levels of availability through a mixture of solution architecture and appropriate monitoring
To apply for the Technical Architect / Solutions Owner role please press the apply button.