Technology Officer Newcastle £30-37,000 plus benefits. Permanent.
£30-37,000 plus benefits.
What is the role?
Work an area of the ICT operational team in order to deliver the most effective and efficient service in line with key metrics in order to deliver KPI targets, excellent customer outcomes and support increased profit margins. To drive productivity and deliver high quality, cost-effective services through supporting continuous improvement. The post holder will be required to work flexibly across the service to respond to the changing needs of the service.
Specific Responsibilities and tasks:
- Plans own work to deliver in agreed timescales.
- Contributes to the successful delivery of the IT Service plan.
- Provides financial reporting - budget spend and forecasts, as required.
- Operates the company's risk framework to identify and manage the required outcome of potential risks and opportunities.
- Creates and updates application documentation so that support can be efficiently performed and the impact of future change requests can be assessed.
- Follows all change control procedures and put in place full version control and configuration management to ensure that the production service is not compromised.
- Follows the procedures for reporting on the progress of systems projects, taking action to deal with exceptions, problems and unforeseen events in a timely manner, escalating as appropriate.
- Ensures compliance with statutory and company procedures.
- Maintains up to date awareness of system security processes and procedures.
- Comprehensively reviews security and compliance at regular intervals.
- Complies with requirements of security policies in place on specific contracts, such as ISO27001 and the client Information Security Standards.
- Contributes to post implementation reviews to incorporate learning's into future work.
- Works to identify opportunities to improve standards, processes and tools.
- Maintains an understanding of relevant industry trends and current knowledge of the technology deployed in the business area.
- Sets up and maintains strong relationships with the business by effectively managing expectations and inspiring confidence in delivery.
- Ensures that together the team develops effective working relationships at all levels by simplifying complex technical messages.
- Ensures that together the team is focused on achieving results using all resources available from initiation through to delivery and feels comfortable to challenge and be challenged.
- Actively promotes and encourages team working across the IT function.
- To support the ICT management team.
- Supports and promotes knowledge sharing across the service.
- Working closely with service desk team to resolve incidents within SLAs.
- Responding to any faults which require an on-site presence or lengthy investigation (problems) leaving the Service Desk free to respond to incoming calls.
- Proactively identifying operational problems and contributing to their resolution.
- Providing input into and, where necessary, supporting the management of Capacity, Availability and Performance Management.
- Providing input into Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning.
- Providing technical expertise to enable the correct application of operational procedures liaising and escalating for additional expertise where needed.
- Deploying and provisioning infrastructure (localised).
- Responding to system and service access requests.
- Pro-actively planning and managing work activities
- Support audits (internal, external and certification compliance).
- Responsible for effective asset management of the ICT assets within area of expertise.
- Contribute to the on-going production and review of the ICT scorecards.
- Contribute to the development and on-going delivery of the ICT service plan.
This role offers a great salary with an excellent bonus and pension scheme, it also offers a wide variety of other perks like and healthcare.
You will also have the opportunity to work with the latest technologies and work alongside people with a real passion for what they do.
Call To Action
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up to date copy of your CV, or call us now. Please note that relevant experience is essential for this role.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career or if you know someone else who is suitable we offer a £500 refer a friend scheme.