1. JOB DETAILS
Job Title: Third Line Technical Support Engineer
Service /Department: Information & Technology Services
Service Group: Corporate Services
Location: Framework Central Office, Val Robert's House, 25 Gregory Boulevard, Nottingham
Hours of Work: 37 each week [full time]
Line Management: Line management for this post is provided by the IT Manager and will include supervision, support, appraisal and training plans
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday. Flexible working arrangements apply to this post. The hours of work will be agreed with line management.
Salary Grade 17, £23,998-£26,664 FTE
2. MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To assist the IT Manager in the running and maintenance of the organisation's computer systems and networks to ensure reliable and efficient systems. - To provide third line support both in person and over the telephone.
- To assist the IT Manager to investigate, implement and maintain network infrastructure components and systems
- To assist the IT manager to ensure the IT hardware estate (servers, switches, desktops, laptops) are all operating efficiently & effectively
- To assist the IT Manager to ensure the IT software estate has the latest, relevant, patches installed.
3. KEY TASKS
Information & Technology Systems
- Administration of core network services: Active Directory, Citrix, Exchange, DHCP, Hyper-V,
CJSM secure Email system, antivirus and security systems.
- To assist in the administration and troubleshooting of the Cisco Call Manager phone system
- Investigation and resolution of server & network issues.
- Troubleshooting and liaising with software vendors and 1st & 2nd line support staff to achieve resolutions to problems.
- Implement network infrastructure: configuring new network hardware (switches, routers), installation and testing onsite and liaising with 3rd party network partners
- Undertaking project work / researching and implementing new technologies. Fact finding and performing the technical investigative work to see if new ideas and technologies can be used in current and future projects.
- To maintain an up to date awareness of information and technology developments.
Suppliers & Contractors
- To manage the escalation of technical issues/problems with third party suppliers & contractors as required.
- To manage Service Level Agreements with relevant third party suppliers & contractors for operational IT resources.
- To provide management information to the IT Manager concerning the performance of third party suppliers & contractors for operation IT resources.
Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
- Responsible for the effective data backup operations
- To be the lead for disaster recovery testing and operations
- To ensure that Framework is able to recover the IT function in the event of a disaster or major incident.
- Practice good time management including punctuality and time keeping at all times
- Adhere to Framework policies and procedures
- Keep abreast of relevant legislative requirements
- Be open and honest at all times
- Be willing to attend working groups
- Be willing to learn and develop skills by undertaking training appropriate to this role
- Be familiar with Framework's Equality and Diversity Policy and demonstrate its objectives at all times
- Follow the Health & Safety rules including reporting equipment faults and failures promptly to line management, following the fire procedures and keeping the work area tidy at all times
- Follow the code of conduct policy and reporting requirements
- Suggest improvements to the role or operation
- Be willing to provide cover for colleagues when they are absent
- Complete any other reasonable task delegated by line management
- Maintain organisational, client and colleague confidentiality at all times
4. BREADTH OF THE ROLE
The job requires a substantial amount of applied and theoretical knowledge to know and understand the theory and principles underpinning their particular discipline, including up to date knowledge of - and developments in - hardware and software, including networking, communications and end-user equipment. The post holder will have the ability to handle situations by working out problems from 'first principles' rather than being able to rely on specific experience.
This job requires a substantial degree of proficiency in the Information Technology field, with the post holder having the ability to select, develop and risk assess methods of application. This ability and experience is unlikely without having worked for between 3-4 years in a similar function.
The job is not completely autonomous as it reports to the IT Manager but the post holder will have a degree of freedom and latitude in the decision making, the advice / guidance given to managers in the day to day of operational IT work.
The post holder will need to be aware of the activities of Framework services and other departments as the job activities either influence or are influenced by these.
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button.
|Advertiser||Framework Housing Association|
|Telephone||(Please reference Dice when calling)|