£50-60k per annum (depending on experience)
Oxford. For immediate start.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award winning, innovative, privately owned company that produces estate management portals for some of the UK's most prestigious property brands and iconic landmarks, such as The Shard and Hyde Park Estate. They are reimagining how properties can be run using new technologies, doing away with outdated manual processes.
They are now building a new in-house team to take over the full technology stack from external
agency developers, and is seeking an experienced Senior Developer to lead this team.
- Expert full-stack developer in object-oriented PHP, HTML, CSS, JQuery
- Expert in MySQL including complex query optimisation
- Expert in best-practice workflow including version control (Git)
- Expert in Linux server administration
- 5+ years of experience in complex full-stack development roles
- High-level skills & opinions on company-wide technical strategy and direction
- A dedication to the highest quality programming work and attention to detail
- Outstanding organisational skills and the ability to effectively manage projects
- The ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical colleagues
- The ability to work independently and lead a close-knit team of programmers
Extra credit for being a total Linux fiend, DNS ninja, extensive public Github contributions or generally demonstrating all-round technical knowledge and enthusiasm developed over many years.
As well as engaging work and exciting long term opportunities, the company has a relaxed working environment, with a casual dress code, monthly staff socials (such as a trip to the circus, punting in Oxford, a round at the pub or movies nights with take away), and free beer Fridays. There are plenty of staples available like free breakfast cereal, a well-stocked cookie jar and sweetie bowl (or fruit bowl if you'd prefer) and a Nespresso coffee machine (coffee is very important!). The company also offers full time employees private health scheme through Vitality, which includes a free cinema ticket each week (at Vue or Cineworld), 50% off selected gyms, 50% off Sweatshop, 75% off at Champneys and 50% off selected fitness trackers and discounts on selected Apple Watches. Every year they also have a lavish Christmas dinner!
The application process will involve a first-round technical test & interview in London and if successful second-round interview with company management Oxford.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. This company is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Job reference information
|| (Please reference Dice when calling)