JOB TITLE: iSeries Systems Programmer (Mainframe, Programmer)
Location: Horsham, South East, UK
Salary: Highly Competitive
Wipro GIS-DCS is a leading IT Infrastructure Outsourcer helping customer’s access cutting-edge technologies without incurring significant capital expenditures. Wipro GIS-DCS accomplishes this by delivering a highly reliable and secure infrastructure solution to our customers in a wide range of industries across multiple platforms including zSeries, iSeries, UNIX, Windows, and Linux.
About the iSeries Systems Programmer (Mainframe, Programmer) role:
The person who fills this position will be responsible for fulfilling customer requests for iSeries customers in a timely manner as they pertain to operating system, backups, monitoring/automation and will provide primary support for reported problems related to both IBM and ISV software products.
REQUIRED SKILLS of the iSeries Systems Programmer (Mainframe, Programmer):
• Bachelor’s degree required and/or equivalent work experience
• 6+ years experience on the iSeries platform including “hands on” technical experience (installation and maintenance of products) related to OS400, TCP/IP, FTPs
• Thorough working knowledge of BRMS and tape library operations, and iTera/Mimix high availability products
• Knowledge of iSeries hardware (including HMCs, Ethernet and SAN)
• Strong analytical skills and understanding of iSeries work management concepts and configuration.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently. Must be able to multi-task and work under short deadlines and in high pressure situations.
• Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentations)
Main Responsibilities of the iSeries Systems Programmer (Mainframe, Programmer):
• Fulfill customer requests for iSeries customers in a timely manner as they pertain to operating system, backups, monitoring/automation
• Provide primary support for reported problems related to both IBM and ISV software products.
• Provide support on 24 x 7 x 365 basis
• Follow procedures for installing software products efficiently and according to Infocrossing best practices (for productivity/scalability purposes)
• Upgrade operating systems (approximately once per year) per client requests
• Provide key support for customer migration services (new customer transitions)
• Assist the assigned project manager (from the PMO – Program Management Office) in the migration of newly acquired customers such that all technical hurdles are addressed in a timely manner and do not impede the expected progress of the transition nor the targeted migration date.
• In joint cooperation with the Manager of Disaster Recovery Services, successfully execute tasks associated with any given customer’s disaster recovery plans.
• Adhere to a schedule that efficiently manages Wipro’s resources and allows timely implementations.
• Follow change control procedures for all of the following for all upgrades or changes to customer environments
To apply for the iSeries Systems Programmer (Mainframe, Programmer) role, please click the 'Apply now' button.
Job reference information
|| (Please reference Dice when calling)