Life at the University of Portsmouth
We're looking for the right staff to join us at a key time in our development - under the guiding hand of our new VC, we're looking to shape the future of Portsmouth, to grow and develop as an institution and to become a great University.
We want to build on our strengths - we're a top ranking University. We're ranked in the top 2% of the world's universities, according to the 2013 Times Higher Education World University Rankings. Our student satisfaction stands at 88%, ranking us in the top 30 universities in the UK, and The Guardian University Guide League Table 2014 puts us in the top 50 UK universities overall.
With a global reputation for academic excellence, we offer a challenging and stimulating working environment for all our staff. At the heart of one of the UK’s most historic cities, our location offers the best in compact city life combined with a stunning waterfront.
The student experience at Portsmouth is at the heart of everything we do and we are focused on supporting all of our staff to provide the best possible environment for our student community. We are a modern and forward thinking institution, focused on bringing learning to life. We have a genuine passion for what we do and we are always looking at new ways to inspire and challenge those we are working with. We want to share our knowledge and professional experience and bring learning to life for our students.
Working in technology at University of Portsmouth
Technology plays a crucial role in the successful management and running of the University of Portsmouth. With over 25,000 users of our internal systems the effective maintenance of vital networks, storage, and desktop platforms require 24 hour support from our Information Services department.
Working with the widest array of modern technologies, our Information Services department has driven the university into the 21st century. This includes the recent adaption of Windows 10 and Google Cloud.
A career in technology at the University of Portsmouth offers fantastic flexibility, the opportunity to work with the latest technologies, continued career progression, and a varied workload.
Benefits of working at the university
At Portsmouth, we recognise that a package of benefits, both financial and non-financial, are important and valuable to our staff in attracting the right people and keeping them. We want our staff to feel valued and to engage in the growth of our University, and our range of benefits supports this:
- Competitive salary, including incremental progression within your scale
- Contributory defined benefits pension schemes - Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) for support and research staff, and Teachers Pensions for our academic staff
- Generous leave entitlement of 32-35 days per annum and an additional Christmas closure
- Family friendly policies supporting flexible working, including childcare vouchers
- Staff discounts and loyalty schemes
- Staff car parking, discounted public travel and bike friendly schemes
- Excellent training and development
- Staff wellbeing programmes
- Recreation facilities, including discounted gym membership, food on campus schemes, use of the Library and staff social activities
To have a look at our current job vacancies, click here.