Home Office are recruiting in a variety of areas over the coming months. There will be roles for systems engineers, developer roles, several SCS (Senior Civil Servant) leadership roles. Be sure to keep an eye on the LinkedIn company page and the Twitter account @HOCareers to see regular updates.
Home Office has recently opened two digital hubs in Sheffield and Croydon. The DDaT profession tend to work in small Agile delivery teams, putting the user at the heart of everything we do. By running invitation only recruitment days where people could find out more about our current opportunities
At Home Office Digital we do things differently. We’ve introduced an Agile culture to the department, building digital services to help it make better decisions faster in borders, immigration, citizenship, policing and security.
We research, design and build our services in-house, using small, multi-disciplinary teams. With the support of the Government Digital Service, this is an entirely new direction for government and a fantastic opportunity to positively influence how we do things at the Home Office.
We’re continually innovating and iterating to make our business processes smarter. And we’re now investing in the specialist skills we need to build our digital capability even further.
Our new Sheffield development centre is a centre of excellence, using the best tools and techniques available to research, build and support user-centred services. It’s a fantastic opportunity to join a new team with a start-up feel.
Do you have the mindset we are looking for? Can you identify with the following:
- don’t have a hierarchical mindset but enjoy being part of a flat structure
- want to build great digital services, for the public and civil servants
- thrive on autonomy and have a focus on outcomes
- believe collaboration brings about the best results
- want to learn from their team and share their own expertise
- help develop the whole organisation by taking part in co-curricular activities like ‘lunch and learns’
- aren’t afraid to give – or get – constructive feedback
See the latest Home Office jobs here.