Sophos is a next-generation IT security vendor that has stayed at the
forefront of the industry by understanding the threat landscape,
changing business needs and customer challenges.
We are constantly looking for ways to revolutionise how security
technology interacts with the user; and have a penchant for solving
complex and challenging technical problems in a creative and innovative manner.
Due to our continuing growth and success we currently have a number of
exciting new opportunities within our engineering teams and are looking
for bright, ambitious and creative graduates who want to kick-start a
career in IT Security with a top security vendor.
Sophos prides itself in developing top talent and providing an
environment where you can learn and develop your skills and career
alongside some of the world’s leading software engineers.
Main Duties of the Graduate Software Engineer (Graduate, Engineer):
You will be working in the fastest growing industry sector in the world
for one of the fastest growing security vendors in the world, and
learning from the best in the business!
You will join one of our Engineering teams, working on endpoint or
server security software, core detection capability, or cloud
management. We will provide all of the necessary support to enable you
to succeed in contributing directly to the high-quality products that we
release to our customers.
You will quickly be exposed to the full project lifecycle, contributing
at all stages, and pairing with our experienced developers during the
agile development phase.
Your career with Sophos is then what you make it – the opportunities
are here for progression, with previous graduates having gone on to key
technical and managerial positions within the company. You could become
the architect of a new product, or manage and develop future graduates
towards their own career goals.
We usually take on a number of graduates each year and, along with our
annual intake of interns, find that there is an active social scene
amongst them. Oxford is close by, offering the nightlife expected of a
student city, and there is a leisure centre alongside our headquarters
for those with an interest in sports. We also have occasional on-site
events, recent examples include karting around the staff car park, movie
nights, and our own music festival!
- Write product code along with test automation to deliver against
project timescales, quality and requirements
- Effectively contribute during pair programming to deliver tasks as
required by the agile team
- Contribute to daily stand-ups, kick-offs, collaborative estimation
and retrospective meetings
- Participate in the design of products in line with asset technical
strategy, quality and functionality requirements
- Actively contribute to release planning and drive for high-value and
high-quality solutions which meet business needs
- Participate in security reviews of new developments to ensure that
released products comply with Sophos’ security requirements and industry
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed
Experience and Skills :
- Experience of developing code in any language
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and apply them to the role
- Natural problem solver who enjoys being challenged
- Able to work autonomously whilst working collaboratively within the
wider team environment
- Interpersonal communication style, a natural relationship builder who
uses these skills to deliver
- BSc in Computing or other numerate discipline, or equivalent experience
- Development using C++ or Java
- Scripting using Python
- Experience of working within Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of virtualization platforms
- Experience with automated regression testing
- The remuneration package includes:
- Annual holiday entitlement of 25 days
- Group personal pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Death in service policy (life assurance)
- Permanent health insurance
- Travel insurance
- Personal accident cover
Working conditions at Sophos are very good and include:
Subsidised staff restaurant
Free beverages, fruit and pastries
NOTICE TO RECRUITERS & PLACEMENT AGENCIES
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit
resumes to any person or email address at Sophos prior to having a
signed agreement from Human Resources. Sophos is not liable for and will
not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency.
Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will
be considered your company's gift to Sophos and may be forwarded to our
recruiters for their attention.
To apply for the Graduate Software Engineer (Graduate, Engineer) role,
please click the ‘Apply now’ button.