Title of role: Data Architect
The key account abilities/responsibilities are as follows
1. Review and understand business requirements to guide the creation of
a comprehensive, coherent, and effective overall data architecture
2. You will collaborate with the Data Delivery and Data Demand teams to
review all design changes and assess the impact of changes to the data
warehouse and downstream systems.
3. You will work closely with the analysts, developers, data management
and data quality resources to ensure all requirements that will impact
design or SLA are elicited.
4. Design and support the delivery of a single, consistent, accurate
and reconciled source of data for MI, Analytics and Reporting.
5. Assume responsibility for all design artefacts, data flow diagrams
and work with modellers to produce the conceptual, logical and physical
6. Define the data design patterns and standards while recommending
designs to optimise database and ETL performance. – Candidate expected
to have a proven track record in writing and publishing design patterns
for acquisition, integration, audit and reconciliation etc. Also working
with technical Hadoop, Teradata and ETL technical experts in converting
these patterns to coding standards and reusable code.
Please note that the following criteria form the basis of your answers
on the application form.
1. The ideal candidate will have a third level degree in maths,
computer science, data analytics or related field.
2. Previous experience working with a large data warehouse platform
preferably Teradata from a design and modelling capacity.
3. Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills,
including the ability to deliver under pressure to tight timescales.
4. Experience in ETL technologies and concepts such as Ab Initio
5. Exposure to Hadoop, Kafka, Cassandra, Spark, Scoop and other big
6. minimum 10 years’ experience working as a Data Architect
(experience not to include time spent as a developer or analyst)