We’re looking for an inquisitive problem solver capable of investigating
and resolving complex customer issues based on an in depth knowledge of
Windows internals and common protocols. You need to be passionate and
knowledgeable about new technologies and products; always looking for
ways to revolutionise how security technology interacts with the user;
and have a penchant for solving complex and challenging technical
problems in a creative manner. You recognise issues early and escalating
them to managers and you’ll be Support’s first point of contact with Engineering.
- Investigate issues escalated to the Fasttrack Development from
Support and other internal teams.
- Replicate customer environments with the aim to reproduce issues and
subsequently develop fix prototypes.
- Windows crash dump analysis.
- Develop and test prototype fixes in C++.
- As required engage directly with customers using remote access
sessions to investigate issues in detail and implement workarounds while
investigations are in progress.
- Develop both internal and external tools to enhance troubleshooting
and aid data analysis.
- Share findings with the Fasttrack Development team and other teams
Experience and Skills
- You'll be comfortable using tools such as WinDbg, SysInternals suite,
Windows SDK/WDK, Windows Performance Toolkit, Wireshark, Microsoft
- Good networking knowledge and understanding of common protocols such
as HTTP, SMB, DNS, SSL/TLS
- Communicate findings to non-technical staff and senior support managers
- Comfortbale using scripting languages such as Vbscript / Python / Powershell
- Prioritising work based on severity and meeting Support SLA
- Knowledge of a wide range of Windows operating systems
- Analytical with an eye for detail, a natural problem solver with a
continuous improvement ethos;
- Experience in security products, e.g. anti-virus, anti-expolit products
- Linux knowledge
- Experience of developing code in C++, C# or Java
NOTICE TO RECRUITERS & PLACEMENT AGENCIES
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit
resumes to any person or email address at Sophos prior to having a
signed agreement from Human Resources. Sophos is not liable for and will
not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency.
Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will
be considered your company's gift to Sophos and may be forwarded to our
recruiters for their attention. Thank you.