Aviva is revolutionising insurance and we want you to be at the
forefront of it.
You'll be joining Aviva at a really exciting time. We would love you to
be a part of building great new innovative ways to engage with new and
existing customers, on a portfolio of products that reach out to 17
million customers. It's never been more important for us to hire
fantastic people into our awesome digital teams who sit at the forefront
of delivering our strategy.
You will be working within the Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Team. As
part of its Digital First Strategy, Aviva is implementing AEM as its
strategic global CMS. It's a great time to join a newly formed team at
this early stage in the roll-out.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic Front End Developer who is
passionate about all things web and new technology. You'll be exposed to
challenges that typically involve translating creative visions into
beautiful implementations and to work closely with a highly skilled team
to produce the best solutions possible. We want to speak to you if you
are interested in working for a leading company, helping to drive
forward the development of its websites. You will need to be confident
taking design concepts through to delivery and fruition.
Aviva was awarded Digital Insurance Company of the year 2014 at the
Data, Analytics & Technology Awards for Insurance.
Within Aviva Digital we approach software delivery with an Agile
mind-set, focused on delivering small, frequent, value driven
enhancements. We achieve this with our scrum teams; which include
developers, testers, BAs and Solution Designer; to create brand new
experiences, small changes to existing products as well as investing in
maintaining our existing products to improve code quality against our
core development principles.
The role will involve:
- Produce accessible and responsive layouts using HTML5/CSS3. HTML,
- You concentrate on building working software
- Following continuous integration principles (GitFlow)
- If you change code you only ever make it better: Ratchet
- SOLID/KISS principles are followed
- Keep re-use at the forefront of your mind
- Frequently deliver high value features to our customers
- Focus on building great stuff
Essential skills and experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience of HTML5 with a passion for
semantics and the use of metadata/microdata
- Expert in the latest CSS standards (including BEM, CSS pre/post
processors e.g. SASS/LESS/PostCSS)
- Practical experience of using mobile-first responsive design
techniques and progressive enhancement
Gulp, Grunt etc to automate the build pipeline.
- Experience building for a CMS - fault tolerance, theming, re-usability
- A good level of understanding of source control tools e.g. Git
- Evidenced working knowledge of accessibility and the ability to
write code to standards such as WCAG 2
- A passion for problem solving
- Documentation writing skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team within an
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong portfolio of sites developed by you demonstrating the
breadth of your skills
Desirable Knowledge & Skills
- Extracting web elements from Photoshop/Illustrator designs
- Knowledge of site performance and optimisation and SEO
- Experience with Adobe Analytics and Target products
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the
option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva
Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share
We're here to free people from the fear of uncertainty. Our insurance,
savings and investment products help some 31 million customers enjoy
life today, knowing that tomorrow is covered. And we definitely know how
to look after our own people. If you love doing a great job to improve
things for customers, you'll be at home here. Help us build a future to
be proud of and get ready to fulfil your potential with Aviva.
'Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we'll support you to do the
best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who
wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy
One of Aviva's core values is Care More, and this is brought to life
through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from
home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent
and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you
require an alternative method of applying please contact Jenny Dao in
the Resourcing team on email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status,
or disability status.