Background & Role Purpose:
The Platform role is accountable for leading the operational and
management transformation of IT application platforms (ie a defined,
related set of systems).
- Develop and execute the Platform strategy (incl. technical and
functional roadmaps to drive re-use, standardisation and remediation
of technical debt).
- Ensure Platform compliance with IT and Business Standards.
- Plan and deliver Platform-level resourcing, capacity planning and
costs consistent with Group CIO commitments and targets.
- Active management of the Operational integrity of the Platform,
including platform security and platform health (capacity,
performance, patching / problem management, upgrades, processing
& data integrity).
- Deliver quality changes to Production (in support of change
activities) in compliance with group standards, methods and ways of working.
- Actively manage delivery of platform services, ensuring NFR's,
service levels met ("run").
- Provide Level 3 or 2 support, determined by scale of accountability.
Key aspects of the role:
Develop Platform strategy to deliver platform component of the
Enterprise Architecture roadmap, driving re-use, standardisation and
remediation of Technical Debt:
- Develop platform strategy to deliver business change.
- Align platform strategy with Group IT strategy (location,
resourcing, people & skills / competencies, etc).
- Life-time management of IT Platforms, incl. decommissioning
(working with CIO's).
Agree Platform roadmap with Group Architecture, CIO's, Group
Infrastructure, Risks and Governance, ensuring alignment of resources,
budgets/funding, functional plans with platform roadmap.
Develop and maintain technical and functional roadmaps to drive re-use,
standardisation and remediation of technical debt
- Determine reusability of platform capabilities and actively pursue
leverage / reuse across markets.
Leads delivery of customer-centric, platform-level design supporting low
cost retail-style business operations.
- Standard, re-usable components that are scalable, highly
performant with operational integrity.
Monitor agreed design exceptions and technical debt and drive
Project Solutions / Change Delivery:
Lead design, development and implementation of Platform changes to
deliver Business Change in line with CIO roadmaps and consistent with
Enterprise Architecture standards, roadmaps, ensuring changes meet QA
standards / requirements, NFR's, etc.
- Low level functional design consistent with agreed standards,
processes and ways of working, ensuring delivery of solution
components is aligned to E2E solution design.
- Delivery of high-quality platform changes to Production, aligned
to agreed Release schedule, cost and resources.
- Coding, testing, deployment scripts / processes, Platform-related
Service Introduction artifacts.
- Low-level technical design and delivery (GITO accountability).
- Leverage skills and capabilities, tools, ways of working,
standards, etc across Aviva IT.
Drive improvements in the delivery of change activity.
- Responsiveness, efficiency of delivery, alignment to supporting
retail business operations in a fast-moving, digital-enabled retail
Leadership of the delivery of platform services in support of business
activities, ensuring platforms are robust, performant, meet NFR's /
service levels, with a focus on supporting retail business operations in
a fast-moving, digital-enabled retail FS environment.
Deliver Platform services that meet / exceed operational standards and
integrity / security requirements.
- Active management and maintenance of platforms (Platform "health").
- Patching and Upgrade, problem management, capacity management.
- Platform security, risk, controls, compliance.
- Ensure technical infrastructure components are fit-for-purpose
Operational execution / implementation of Platform standards, ways of
working, tools, processes, etc.
Support run / operation of IT platforms, providing technical resources
to support timely resolution of issues / incidents.
- Lead delivery of platform Level 3 support for Incidents and
Governance, Risk and Controls:
Active management of the operational integrity of the Platform, ensuring
the platform is operating within risk tolerance, upgrade / patching /
security policies, etc.
- Define and agree upgrade, patching, problem management policy and
processes in line with standards, processes as defined by Platforms CoE.
Execute Platform activities in compliance with standards, frameworks,
tools, methods, processes and ways of working as defined by Platform
CoE. Exceptions to be ratified by GAB.
Report Platform activities using standard reporting framework as defined
and developed by Group CIO Governance, Controls and Risk function.
Resource Management, Planning and Deployment:
- Allocation and provision of resources to support run and change
activities to meet commitments / agreements with CIO's / functional areas.
- Working with the Platform Performance manager, leverage added
value from suppliers and negotiate best value delivery.
- Actively address and manage skills bottlenecks, SPoF.
- Lead the Platform team and provide leadership and support to local
market resources - work with other IT teams to build effective &
efficient Platform capability, continuous improvement, effective
delivery, reducing complexity / cost over time.
- Build the organisation capability to lead and deliver world-class
Platform run and change services - active participation in the
Platform community across IT.
- Support the provision of capability that enables end-end customer
value delivery in support of customers.
- Develop deep understanding in partnership with Business Partners
and customer support functions of end to end system. Reduce waste,
rework from end to end system so we can deliver highest value to customer.
Skills / Experience Required:
- Strong previous experience managing complex IT deliveries.
- Known for high degrees Agility (Foresight, Learning, Adapability,
Resilience), Mobilization (Putting customer first, shaping strategy,
Inspiring & Influencing), Execution (Building talent and teams,
driving for results), Transformation (Leading innovation and seaking
- Experience working through differing methodologies, including Dev
Ops, Agile and Waterfall Approach. Driving new modern software
This vacancy has a closing date of: 22nd December 2017.
Salary: Competitive, dependent on skills & experience.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the
option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva
Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family.
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share
One of Aviva's core values is Care More, and this is brought to life
through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from
home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent
and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you
require an alternative method of applying please contact Luke Goffin in
the Resourcing team.