The Amazon IT teams keep our business running smoothly by resolving
complex hardware, software, server and infrastructure issues, with both
on-site and on-call capacity for our Operations network.
As an IT Support Technician you will report to the IT Manager in your
home site and will be responsible for working closely with the business,
fellow technicians and engineers to implement and maintain critical
infrastructure elements as well as day to day support to meet our
operations present and future business needs.
Besides your day-to-day activities, there will be plenty of
opportunities for you to get involved in projects and innovate. You will
be a key part of a multinational team and thrive in delivering
high-quality results and always be on the lookout for improvements.
Putting your Customers first, you will provide a 1st / 2nd line support
service that ensures all IT equipment and infrastructure is running to
its optimum performance and that all departmental Key Performance
Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met on your
home site as well as any remote sites that you and your team also
support. You will also participate in site-wide projects that support
changing business and IT requirements.
This is an hourly role, paid weekly, and you will be working in rotating
shift patterns, with some out of hours work.
The extent of your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Carrying out execution of change management requests as required
(which may include out of hours work).
• Installation, maintenance and support of IT equipment including (but
not restricted to) laptops, telecoms equipment, printers, scanners, thin
clients and workstations. Some cabling work will also be required (after training).
• Management of imaging of workstations and laptops.
• Ensuring that work is carried out to a high standard and complies with
all Amazon polices and guidelines.
• Maximizing availability of all IT equipment and infrastructure through
continuous improvement and proactive, preventative maintenance,
continuously look to improve equipment efficiencies and cost reductions accordingly.
• Delivering outstanding level of service to your Customer base.
• Liaise with contractors or external suppliers and clearly communicate
technical issues and Amazon standards.
• Providing technical support/input to site and team projects and initiatives.
• Conducting end user equipment trials and testing.
• Undertaking ad-hoc requests and tasking as and when required.
• The management Asset and Inventory management including checks /
audits in line with global standards and processes including Return
Merchandise Authorization (RMA) processes with suppliers.
• Providing assistance to senior engineers as required (which may
include out of hours work and travel).
• Managing shift / daily infrastructure and Distribution Frame (MDF/IDF)
audits and checks, including the production of shift / daily reports.
Please note: The position will involve some physical labour. IT Support
Technicians execute physical work e.g. working in confined spaces
(possibly under the 48 inch crawl space or inside air handlers); lifting
up to 15 kg; site cleanliness and maintenance work; accessing elevated
spaces (working at height).
About our rewards
We'll expect you to go the extra mile, but we'll also make sure you're
well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary and stock units, we offer
a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where
you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by
working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our
rapidly growing organisation also offers many opportunities for building
a diverse and rewarding career.
Required qualifications and skills:
The successful candidate will have:
• Experience in MS Windows System Support
• Excellent English communication skills (written & verbal). Able to
communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences.
• A strong sense of customer service and demonstrable history of
excellent customer-facing skills.
• Demonstrable methodical problem solving and excellent analytical skills.
• Able to keep others informed of information that contributes to the
performance of the team, department or company (Team player).
• Be self-motivated and able to work alone as well as part of a team.
• Able to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment.
• Experience in establishing new processes and procedures as well as
following those already in place and always looking for improvements.
• A willingness to roll their sleeves up and be hands-on.
• An good understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a
demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology and to train
and learn new skills
• Demonstrable strong initiative (is proactive) and motivation with the
ability to learn quickly.
• Ability to be flexibility in working hours and shift patterns to
provide cover for operational requirements.
• Ability and willingness to travel including staying away from home for
up to one week at a time.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
• Two years prior technical (IT) exposure/experience highly favorable,
preferably in an operational environment.
• Vendor certification of the following: MS Windows System Support,
Cisco knowledge - LAN / WAN and Wireless.
• Some Linux/Unix System Support experience
• IT / ICT vocational or further education qualification would be advantageous
• Previous experience in a highly dynamic and fluid environment with a
high degree of customer service.
• Help Desk / Technical support experience.
• Ability to develop clear, concise documentation.
• Ability to train others and generous with time to pass on knowledge.
• Ability to develop the skills needed to support specific Fulfillment
Centre Automated Systems.
• Ability to coordinate with corporate-based support groups to implement
• Project management - technical task execution.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that
employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make
recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your
passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and
local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting
your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal
data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in
the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your
suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply
need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your
personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part
of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the
hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and
personal background through a third party service provider.