Are you a dynamic and forward thinking Java/ IAM engineer looking to
join a very talented team at an established business undergoing huge and
exciting technology changes?
The Digital Gateway team look after the internet facing infrastructure
for Aviva including TAM 6 and ISAM 8 & 9. This is a vital service
for us and there are a large number of projects in the pipeline that
require changes, updates, enhancements and new developments. We connect
to a wide variety of third parties utilising a huge range of
authentication technologies and our team is responsible for them.
We are looking for a Java/IAM Developer to build and maintain the
security gateway that protects the Aviva digital offering across the
Duties & Responsibilities
You'll be responsible for:
- Development of authentication solutions for Aviva and its partners.
- Supporting our technical leadership to enable deliveries of
excellent code quality and authentication design.
- Software Engineering - contribute to continual improvement in
speed to market and quality, playing your role in product delivery
to our customers and the transformation of the engineering and
- Supporting & sharing best practice with teams.
- Undertaking design and code reviews to ensure systems meet
functional and non-functional requirements and proactively
identifying where changes are required to maintain these.
- Contributing to our culture of continual innovation.
- Understand and adhere to application roadmaps, but challenge when appropriate.
You'll achieve this by:
- Contributing to the eSecurity global community, sharing your
experiences, thoughts and ideas.
- Working with your scrum team colleagues, your technical leaders
and the Scrum Master and Product Owner to architect solutions that
are capable of long term maintainability and growth whilst
delivering focused, value driven changes to a high quality standard.
- Delivering (and influencing the delivery of) the best outcomes for
every Aviva customer.
- Collaborate with your peers, share your experiences and being
generous with you knowledge.
- Ensure that the capabilities of the products that you engineer are
focussed on our customers.
Skills & Experience required
We're particularly interested in:
- Significant experience with the design, installation, and
configuration of IBM Tivoli Access Manager and/or Security Access
Manager (ISAM) or similar IAM products.
- Familiarity with Network Protocols and understanding of Web
Technologies e.g. html ajax, TCPIP, HTTP, SSL, certificates, LDAP
- Strong systems integration skills, development skills, and direct
hands-on experience in developing/configuring and implementing SSO
authentication solutions, federation (SAML), and provisioning solutions.
- Java J2EE software development within a Spring Framework would be
beneficial but not essential.
We are interested in:
- Awareness of industry direction and trends within IAM and Cloud
- Awareness of server side Java development and associated concerns
(e.g. thread management, database access, ORM, security).
- Hands on experience with working on high volume systems.
- Experience of working in large, multi sited teams with a shared
codebase, and designing & building for a consistently great
- Negotiating, influencing, prioritisation, effectively challenging
and gaining commitment.
- Strong communication skills and experience in explaining complex
technical concepts to a range of different stakeholders (including
stakeholders outside IT).
- Experienced working within an agile environment; able to identify
and create epics, write user stories, sizing and pointing.
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the
option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva
Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share
We're here to free people from the fear of uncertainty. Our insurance,
savings and investment products help some 31 million customers enjoy
life today, knowing that tomorrow is covered. And we definitely know how
to look after our own people. If you love doing a great job to improve
things for customers, you'll be at home here. Help us build a future to
be proud of and get ready to fulfil your potential with Aviva.
'Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we'll support you to do the
best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who
wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy
One of Aviva's core values is Care More, and this is brought to life
through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from
home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent
and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you
require an alternative method of applying please contact Jenny Dao in
the Resourcing team on email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status,
or disability status.