The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer
electronics, including the innovative Cloud Cam and Alexa family of
products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices such as Echo Show
and the Echo Look to add Computer Vision to Alexa. What will you help us create?
What will you help us create?
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Software
Development Engineer who has experience building world-class mobile
Android apps. The person chosen for this position will have the
opportunity to contribute their creative ideas and energy to our group.
You will be working with world class Artificial Intelligence and Machine
Learning experts, distributed cloud systems and next generation camera
streaming devices. The development will be from the concept stage to the
launch stage and ensuring the highest level of quality for your deliverables.
You will be:
• Responsible for the design, development and maintenance of a mobile
app that enables innovative computer vision experience
• Working with other team members to investigate design approaches,
prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
• Leading architecture and design of new and current systems, from
conception to launch
• Working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• 2+ years professional experience in software development building
consumer-facing Android apps
• 3+ years overall software development experience
• 2+ years of development and debugging skills using Java
• 2+ years of experience and understanding in Computer Science
fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm
design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• Have designed and developed a complete Android app from top to bottom
• Have worked on Android companion apps for consumer electronics devices
• Experience in multimedia streaming protocols such as WebRTC.
Understanding of video and audio codecs.
• Web Services and cloud experience as it relates to mobile apps
• Development and debugging skills using C++
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best
practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding
standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes,
testing, and operations