About the Online Creative Content and Editorial Team
Comprising of designers, developers, copywriters and delivery leads, our
team is responsible for the creative execution of the core pages across
the majority of Tesco's websites.
We inspire, design and deliver the very best digital creative and
content for our customers.
Always optimising to drive engagement, conversion and satisfaction.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work.
These include but aren't limited to:
* An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base
* Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6
months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
* Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day
* A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
* Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
* Buy As You Earn Scheme
* Save As You Earn Scheme
* Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile &
* Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
We're looking for a copywriter to join our talented team. With digital
demand at Tesco growing, we're in the fortunate position of being able
to offer an exciting, challenging and rewarding role to the right candidate.
While specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing
needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the
role's key responsibilities and measures:
* You will write informative copy for our groceries, direct, dot.com
and Clubcard websites to create an engaging, on-brand experience that is
simple and clear to understand for customers and meets the brief and
* Writing and editing copy for the online, including Help, Terms &
Conditions, Returns & Refunds, Delivery, Privacy & Cookie
Policy, Where's My Order, Affiliates, Accessibility Statements and
* By collaborating with the Category Online Trading teams (General
merchandise, groceries) and non-transactional teams (dot.com, Clubcard),
you'll write compelling copy for day-to-day trading, propositions,
specific shopping missions and seasonal events where required.
* Follow the Tesco tone of voice and style guidelines, making sure
customer-focused copy is used throughout the site.
* Check copy is accurate, grammatically correct up to date and legally
* Ensure copy is in line with search engine optimisation (SEO) best
* Ensure tone of voice is on brand and relevant to the category.
* Monitor competitors for best practice and new innovations.
Key Skills and Experience
You'll need to possess/have demonstrated experience of:
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Writing for web, apps and SMS
* Attention to detail
* Knowledge of SEO best practice
* MS Office (and preferably Mac devices)
* E-Commerce environments
* Understanding of online retail and how great copy can make a
* Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness,
* Able to build solid working relationships with peers, stakeholders
and senior leadership.
* Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and
presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within
To find out more information and to apply, please click the APPLY