Who are we?
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and its one thats shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, weve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
babylon was included in WIREDs 2016 Top 100 Hottest Startups in Europe and CB Insights 2017 Global AI 100 list. Fortune Magazine included babylon in their 2017 list of 50 Companies Leading the AI Revolution, the only listed company using AI in healthcare delivery.
At babylon our people arent just part of a team, theyre part of something bigger. Were a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare.
Were only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time&
What are we looking for?
The Operations function is at the heart of babylon we ensure a seamless health care service for our users. We are currently operating in two markets, (the UK and Rwanda); but the next year will see us launch in many new territories and grow our existing U.K business. As a result, were looking for an Operations Director who is well versed in growing headcount across the customer services team while ensuring that we establish an infrastructure that enables us to continue to grow rapidly.
As an early leader of a rapidly growing team, you will develop your own people, implement new systems, and create training programs to lay the foundation for a global support function that will employ large numbers of support representatives. You will lead by example, resolving the toughest of issues from doctors and users, and ensuring that your team constantly performs at a high level.
- Experience with complex, ambitious and super-fast growth businesses that rely on a robust operational infrastructure to succeed
- Manage multiple simultaneous projects and programmes from concept through to delivery
- Setting up and rolling out robust operations processes across customer service teams; and continually iterating on them using data.
- Devise ways to efficiently systematise operations and rapidly scale headcount; to enable us to scale faster and more consistently - while making decisions based on ROI for babylon.
- Identify a broad spectrum of scaling and operation issues before they happen, and have robust contingency plans.
- Operational Experience across call centres; and high volume resource scheduling
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- Establish key operational procedures for the business
- To devise and implement robust plans that facilitate behavioural and cultural change in challenging environments
- Balance conflicting demands and priorities to achieve objectives that all stakeholders understand, can buy into and engage with
- Manage stakeholder communications ensuring that the relevant business, operations and technology stakeholders are engaged and that all issues and risks are identified and mitigation tactics prepared
Who Fits the role?
- You need to have great curiosity be inquisitive and challenge the status quo.
- We are looking for a confident critical-thinker that can jump into many different problems, markets and situations and come up with tactical recommendations.
- You need to think logically and creatively to find different solutions.
- We need someone who can work with people from around the world, taking the time to understand their local nuances and challenges, without getting bogged down in why something might not work or may not be working.
- We need someone who is invigorated by delivering impact and seeing the tangible effects.
- You need to want to make change now this is less about creating an incredible strategy that will be implemented over the next 5 years, and more about processes that can change the business in the next 6 months.
- Theres a lot to do, so we need someone who can prioritise and make decisions intelligently using data to direct them.
- You'll definitely do some number-crunching its important to be able to quickly identify issues, inefficiencies and how big these might be.
Whats nice to have
- Experience in a clinical or health setting; or, in a highly-regulated environment.
- Competitive salary package including share scheme
- Free babylon for you and your family
- One of the nicest offices youll ever see, located in the heart of Chelsea
- Free healthy breakfast, and snacks
- On site table tennis and videogame competitions
- Regular social gatherings and an intimate, collaborative environment
- A real entrepreneurial spirit and drive to make a tangible difference in the world
- Free weekly yoga or football sessions
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- BUPA health and life insurance