Senior Account Executive - Platform (Cloud Sales)
Salesforce, the Intelligent Customer Success Platform and world's #1
CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new
way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas-a new technology
model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model and a new
integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have
taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes
World's Most Innovative Company five years in a row and one of Fortune
100 Best Companies to Work For eight years in a row. We are the fastest
growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of
growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce.
Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up
of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to
improve the state of the world.
Salesforce Platform is the core of our Customer Success Platform
ecosystem, which not only powers Salesforce products, but also allows
your own custom application development. Whether you're plugging in
powerful and expansive third-party apps from the Salesforce AppExchange,
or doing your own app development, it's not hard to see why we are the
world's #1 enterprise cloud platform. Next to fast App development our
customers use the Salesforce Platform to deploy Communities, IoT
Business Applications and Identity & Security Solutions.
The Senior Enterprise Account Executive, Platform Sales will formulate
and execute a Platform sales strategy within an assigned region, drive
revenue growth by driving demand in the current customer base, and
develop new customers in the enterprise space. You will work in
partnership with the existing Core Account Executives in the regions,
and will carry quota for the Platform product sales in their region.
Effective partnering with Enterprise Sales AE's is critical to the position.
Key to this role is your ability to articulate value, inspire and sell
the Connected Customer Company future in a Cloud Computing world. As a
trusted advisor and coach, you are the person with the expertise in
Enterprise, Business and Technology Architecture that can match customer
needs to the capabilities of the Salesforce Platform including
Force.com, Heroku, Salesforce IoT and Communities. You will articulate
the business value of the solution through executive level time to
value, ROI and TCO presentations.
- Develop & execute App Cloud / Platform sales plans & cycles
- Understand a company's business strategy and define an architecture
and solution to support that strategy with the capabilities of the
- Discover, qualify, strategize, solution, negotiate & close
- Generate business within Enterprise Accounts (both installed base and
- Must be able to forecast sales activity and revenue achievement while
creating satisfied customers that can be referenced in future sales cycles
- Work within an account team matrix, leading decision makers &
influencers towards identifying their Customer Company vision by
evangelizing the capabilities of salesforce in the areas of: platform,
mobile & collaboration
- Work with product management to distill key functionality and benefits
into core business value messages
- Minimum 5 years of solution selling in cloud, software or consulting.
- Demonstrated ability to sell large scale and complex systems to
Enterprise key accounts.
- Expertise and experience dealing with large, complicated, political
accounts at the most senior IT and business levels
- Executive-level communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure
- Working knowledge of the software development process and of software
- Proven ability to work well as part of an extended sales team
- Ideally a background in technology and platform solutions such as
application development, database, business intelligence
- Experience developing and presenting business value, time to money,
- Expertise in IT, Enterprise Architecture, Business Architecture,
- Experience with project portfolio planning and prioritization
- Familiarity with the database, application, mobile and collaboration
technologies used in Cloud Computing (e.g. knowledge of database
concepts and SQL, multi-tenancy)
Please find further information with the below links:
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin,
age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through
this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org
do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com
and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or
company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.