Senior IT Cybersecurity Specialist (Security, IT)
Salary: Highly Competitive + bonus & benefits
As a security company, Sophos takes its own security very importantly
and has an internal IT Security team which focuses on protecting Sophos’
own systems and infrastructure.
The Senior IT Cybersecurity Specialist (Security, IT) role is for a
senior and experienced expert to lead our security assurance function,
reporting into a Senior Cybersecurity Director.
This a great opportunity to help secure a world-leading security
company. As you’d expect you’ll be joining an organisation that takes
security seriously. You will get the opportunity to work with some
world-leading experts from across the company in a fast-paced &
exciting environment where security is a priority. As an added bonus,
though our dogfooding programme, you can also contribute to improving
Main Duties of the Senior IT Cybersecurity Specialist (Security, IT):
The ideal candidate will have strong real-world experience on both Red
Teams and Blue Teams and be an expert on security tools and technologies.
We’ll need you to help assess and contribute to the continual
improvement of our security posture by leading the security testing of
Sophos infrastructure, applications and incident response processes.
You’ll need to be highly motivated, have an innovative mind-set and
able to clearly articulate complex technical security issues to senior management.
As part of the Senior IT Cybersecurity Specialist (Security, IT) role
- Our internal Red Teaming activities.
- Our vulnerability assessment and remediation program.
- Threat modelling and security assessments for complex enterprise systems.
- The continual-improvement of our Security Operations and Incident
- The implementation of large and complex security projects & programmes.
- Risk discovery and assessment.
- Our security technology strategy & architecture.
- The development of security policy, standards, procedures and documentation.
- Investigation & root cause analysis of security events & incidents.
- Expert Training and knowledge transfer to peers, the Security
Operations Centre and the wider IT team.
- Staff education and awareness.
- Articulate complex technical security issues into business focused
terms and communicate to stakeholders.
- Have and maintain (via conferences, etc) an expert knowledge of
infosec industry trends and developments and advise on changes to the
- Identify, proposes and initiate improvements to the organisations
Experience and Skills of the Senior IT Cybersecurity Specialist
- Mixed skillset covering both offensive and defensive security:
experience as a professional Penetration Tester and/or Incident Responder
- Experience with vulnerability assessment tools & techniques
- Strong cross-platform knowledge of Enterprise IT infrastructure
(Networking, Operating Systems, Databases, etc)
- Strong interpersonal & networking skills.
- Experience of modern offensive techniques and APT TTP's
- Deep knowledge of Operating System internals across Linux & Windows
- Contributions to open-source security projects and/or publications
- Experience working in a global environment
- Experience presenting research material at security conferences
- Knowledge of Sophos products
- Familiarity with compliance frameworks such as ISO 27001, SSAE16,
- Experience with cloud security architectures
- Hands on experience investigating & responding to comprises by
- Scripting experience with Python/Powershell/Bash and similar
- Personnel management
The remuneration package includes:
- Annual holiday entitlement of 25 days
- Group personal pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Death in service policy (life assurance)
- Permanent health insurance
- Travel insurance
- Personal accident cover
Working conditions at Sophos are very good and include:
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- Free beverages, fruit and pastries
NOTICE TO RECRUITERS & PLACEMENT AGENCIES
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit
resumes to any person or email address at Sophos prior to having a
signed agreement from Human Resources. Sophos is not liable for and will
not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency.
Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will
be considered your company's gift to Sophos and may be forwarded to our
recruiters for their attention. Thank you.
To apply for the Senior IT Cybersecurity Specialist (Security, IT)
role, please click the ‘Apply now’ button.