Who are we?
We are a team on a mission to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and its one thats shared by our team who epitomise our values: to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, weve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians, and engineers to focus on combining the ever growing computing power of machines with the best medical expertise of humans to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalised health service, and make it universally available.
babylon was included in WIREDs 2016 Top 100 Hottest Startups in Europe and CB Insights 2017 Global AI 100 list. Fortune Magazine included babylon in their 2017 list of 50 Companies Leading the AI Revolution, the only listed company using AI in healthcare delivery.
At babylon our people arent just part of a team, theyre part of something bigger. Were a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare.
Were only as good as our people. So finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions but we choose our people one at a time&
- Working with our team to continue to push the boundaries of healthcare innovation
- Collaborating with the business and engineering teams to make a meaningful contribution to the technical design and implementation of our apps
- Be proactive, lead by example, hands on, involved in all tasks
- To seek and actively promote ideas and techniques in the community both within babylon and externally
- Commitment to build high quality, performing, well tested applications and to inspire those around you to do the same
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Experienced with a FRP framework (ReactiveCocoa, RxSwift, etc) and MVVM (this is a must-have for remote candidates)
What matters most?
- Have published one or more iOS app in the App Store
- Swift and Cocoa Touch knowledge
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Whats nice to have?
- Familiarity with Objective-C
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Inversion of control and dependency injection
- Exposure to other languages and platforms (e.g Haskell, Elixir, Scala)
- Competitive salary package including share scheme
- One of the nicest offices you'll ever see, located in the heart of Chelsea
- Bupa health insurance and, of course, access to babylon for you and your family
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free healthy breakfast and snacks
- On site table tennis and videogame competitions
- Casual dress code
- Regular social gatherings and a fun, collaborative environment
- A real entrepreneurial spirit and drive to make a tangible difference in the world
- Free weekly yoga or football