How many chances do you get in a lifetime to define the next generation
of Information Technology?
Come join the group that has been responsible for incubating and
developing key technologies in internet video streaming, scalable cloud
computing, and converged smartphones. This Microsoft NExT startup team
in Microsoft's Artificial Intelligence and Research division is looking
for high-ambition software developers with experience architecting and
building out V1 software to join our accomplished team of architects and
engineers. While we are passionate about technology, our true drive is
to change the world for billions of customers to come.
This team in Microsoft NExT is conducting research around an end-to-end
solution for connected devices that spans boot loaders and operating
systems to high-scale services that can run non-stop around the globe.
We work in small, collaborative teams to architect and prototype
massively scalable and reliable systems. These opportunities provide
unparalleled opportunity to grow your skill sets, build pioneering
solutions, and get exposure to a wide array of technologies.
In this role you will:
- Architect, design, and implement features in V1 projects, with high
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior members of the
- Analyze, extend, and debug existing software systems we incorporate
into our work.
- Build software prototypes and conduct experiments to evaluate
- Take end-to-end responsibility for the development, quality, and
testing of the software you build.
- Respectfully bring your own perspective, increasing the diversity of
- Experience shipping and maintaining embedded runtime libraries and/or
customer-facing API design.
- Exceptionally strong coding skills in C and Modern C++.
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver V1 software using modern
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Practical experience using agile methodologies or test-driven
development (TDD) on at least 1 prior shipped product.
- Comfort working through ambiguity.
- A bachelor's degree (or work experience equivalent) in computer
science or a related field.
- Proven experience building and shipping production software or services.