As a Technical Lead at comparethemarket.com you will drive the technical
direction within a product team delivering first class web solutions and
contributing to an evolving culture of innovation, enthusiasm and passion.
At comparethemarket.com (CTM) our passion is creating great software,
we look to push the boundaries with new technologies so that we can
deliver the very best for our customers and our Technical Leads are at
the heart of delivering this. We value everyone's opinion in building
top class software, the role of a Technical Lead is crucial in setting
technical direction and building team consensus.
We want Technical Leads with an unrivalled enthusiasm for new and
emerging technologies who work best in a collaborative team environment.
We are passionate about empowering our employees and do the same with
our consumers, allowing them to compare, choose and purchase the most
suitable product for them.
What will you be responsible for as a Technical Lead at
• Leading by example in Building, Running and Owning CTM's Platform
with a focus on enhancing speed to market, stability and scalability for
the whole of CTM
• Increasing the understanding of technically complex areas within your
• Ensuring that all solutions adhere to technical architecture,
principles, standards and governance processes and contain all of the
agreed artefacts of delivery
• Working with the Product Owner, Solution Architect and Application
Architect, using your technical context to prioritise the feature
backlog to deliver business outcomes in an optimal way
• Working with the Application Architect to agree the technical roadmap
to realise the architectural vision for your product whilst considering
the practicalities of delivery
• Championing quality and technical excellence at all times,
contributing to the agile process and continuously improving all aspects
What will it take to be successful as a Technical Lead at
• You'll be an advocate extreme programming, keen to test first, deploy
often and pair program
• You'll have a high level of coding standards (OO, design patterns,
testing approaches, TDD) with a polyglot approach to problem solving
• You'll be a customer focused, natural influencer and negotiator with
an enthusiasm for motivating teams
• You'll be an active learner, with a passion for keeping up to date
with emerging technologies, and able to pick up new concepts fast
• Proven experience of coaching, mentoring and driving technical
excellence from a team of engineers
We never stand still…
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and
capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital
distributor of insurance and household financial services. Home to, many
brands including LesFurets, ComparetheMarket.com, BeagleStreet,
Junction, BudgetInsurance and DialDirect. We are trusted by more than
10million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we
continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas. We enjoy what
we do and we have fun doing it.
We grow because we are…
AMBITIOUS. We're obsessed with delivering for our customers. We're
relentless in driving exceptional standards. We act boldly and take
We are CREATIVE. We think differently and disrupt markets to benefit
consumers. We use technology to innovate. We try new things, fail fast
and apply our learning's.
We are AUTHENTIC. We're open, transparent and build trust. We challenge
positively. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
We are UNITED. We're one BGL. We respect, encourage and care for each
other. We work, grow and win together.